Monday, July 16, 2012

A Family Day...

This Saturday I planned a fun filled day for our family!!  After spending the day on the lake we all loaded into the car and went to Atlanta.  An evening of Ikea and the Food Truck Park.



Isn't this so nice??  I still like to think of this as my backyard, even though I haven't lived in my parents home for nearly six years.





On a typicall family night there are at least nine of us, so while my mom has a suburban it's still a bit tight.  Since it was my plan i thought it only fair I be the one without a seat!! 
ps...we usually don't go anywhere for family night, too many people




Once we made it to Ikea my dad was caught taking breaks all over the place...obviously he's not the Ikea fan that I am.  And yes he does rest his drinks everything on his belly : )




I did find this rug while we were there, isn't it so awesome!!  I didn't bring it home though, we are working on saving up for things we want rather than just buying them when we see them. 



We got to the Atlanta Food Truck Park a bit later than we would have liked, so some of the trucks had already packed up.  But most of us stopped into The Pickle.  It was pretty Delicious...I had a veggie quesadilla and a Lavender berry lemonade (which I will try and find a recipe for).  If you are in Atl I recommend the park, it's always such a great time!!






The park has a little area where you can play bocce ball, so that is just what they did.


On the way home the HOT sign was on, so we were sucked in!!  After about three minutes the nine of us had devoured a dozen + krispy kreme doughnuts.  They are just so good!!  I had the Birthday Doughnut, it had chocolate icing, sprinkles, and a cream filled center...YUMMY!!


I am beyond blessed to be able to spend this time with my family!!  It's so nice living so close to both sets, I don't know what I would do if I lived anywhere other than Georgia.


Do you like to frequent any of these places?  I'd love to hear about it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment