Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Family Day...


This past Sunday we went kayaking with my family.  It was so much fun!!  For most of us it was our first time kayaking.  But of course for my husband it was no big deal!  He is pretty much awesome at everything, except buying me everything i want  everything : )

For those of who have been thinking of doing this, it was so much fun!!  We went through Appalachian Outfitters on the Chestatee River. 




We were only missing one set from the family, they were on a birthday trip.  These photos are from the start of the trip...before people started getting stuck and falling in the water.

My mom and I shared a kayak, which I though was probably going to be a bad idea!!  Since the Chestatee River isn't known for its super powerful rapids, it turned out just fine sharing.  Plus we were able to talk the whole time while the others weren't.


Now this is where it starting getting fun!!  My mom and I ended up getting stuck on a stump, then my dad and Kasey ran into us.  I'm 99% sure I flipped Kasey's kayak over on top of him...sorry dude : )  Once he flipped out of the way my dad came cruising in, filled his kayak with the rushing water, flipped as well!!  Once it was over it was hilarious!!


Don't worry we got payback!!  This is my mom and I, rammed into a tree!!


I had to promise my mom turtles to get her to go!!  If you follow me on instagram then you know she loves wildlife!!  Kiersten (Nella's BF) took lots of photos for her!!  There were so many turtles!!!


Once we finished the 6 mile course we headed to The Back Porch Oyster Bar in Dahlonega.  I hadn't eaten here in such a long time.  Turns out they moved and the food didn't seem the same to me...maybe I'm wrong.


Next we headed to Connie's Ice Cream where we snapped some intense ice cream eating!!  haha so sorry ladies : )


I had an Oreo Delight Sundae!!  And yes it was a delight.  I am not ashamed to say I did not waste one bit of this!!
Chocolate ice cream + oreo + hot fudge + whip cream
OH MY GOSH!!


I love family days like these!!  Even when we fight I still wouldn't trade these moments for anything else in the world!  I pray that everyone has a relationship like this with their family, I know they don't but I hope those of you who don't will change this when it is your time to have a family!!


Do you enjoy kayaking?  I'd love to hear about it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment