Monday, August 6, 2012

Packaging Exchange...


I've been leaving little notes about my packaging exchange recently!!  My partner in this activity was Julia, and now that she has received her package I can post photos!!  YAY!!

 
We both signed up over at Oh Hello Friend.  It is a wonderfully lovely blog, you should check it out!!  Danni post the cutest things : )  The swap was more about the packaging than the gift, but you weren't suppose to be a cheapo when it came to the gifts either!!  The package limit wasn't to exceed $30, so this post will be great for anyone who thinks you have to spend a fortune to send something nice to a friend or loved one!!

 
I'll start with my package to her...

This is almost how it looked when she opened it!!  One of her descriptive words was clean.  So I tried to keep the presentation as neat as possible.  She also used the word vintage, so I added a bit of vintage charm to it (vintage floral fabric, lace, twill ribbon).

Side view of some of the goodies!!

 
One of her favorite things is sewing, so I wanted to send her a few of my favorite notions.  I made up a little mason jar sewing kit, for packaging purposes : ) it included...
a vintage wooden spool
twill ribbon
clothespins
button assortment
pearl pins
The spool probably took the most hunting out of everything, as it turns out they are hard to come by in Gainesville!!  The floral button is trimmed in gold, and my favorite out of all of them!!


When I read that Julia loved Paris I knew I had to order a set of prints from The Paris Print Shop.  Anyway, the postcard prints show more than just the iconic Eiffel Tower.  I sent Julia the White set, in case you are interested!!  I packaged them up in a sleeve I made from chevron + dotted paper, a bit of bakers twine, and lovely lace ribbon.
ps...she is having a sale for the month of Aug.

 
I'm super lame and I couldn't make myself leave out a little something from my shop!!  I sent her a pair of the mum post earrings.  I just wanted to add a fabric flag to something!

 
I also added in latte bowls from Anthro, because I love them so much!!  I use these little lovelies for craft shows, snacks, paints, jewelry, beads, more snacks, you name it!! 
the attached link is for the 8 set...they have them individually in stores in a wide range of colors.

.......................................................................................................................

Now for Julia's package to me!!

This is how I opened it!!  I, like her, was on my way out when it came.  I, unlike her, couldn't wait so I ran back inside and opened it all up!!  Ahhh...the excitement of a package!!

 
Oh goodness was I excited!! Glassine bags, washi tape, bakers twine, kraft paper, etc!!!!  This girl knew what she was doing!


Here are some of my goodies!!
A super fun disposable camera
stamped notecards
bakers twine
a pencil
beautiful stickers
a maple flavored pop.  (Richard thinks she sent that for him)
and a few others


Because I was way to eager and opened them while it was rainy, I didn't get any great photos of Julia's packaging!!  I know, I know!  But I did get a photo of this sweet little jar of Strawberry Rhubarb, isn't it packaged so lovely?  She was a genius and sent me items from Vermont!!  How cool is that.  If I do another exchange I will totally copy this idea with Georgia goodies!! 

She also sent me Strawberry lip balm.  I know this was more about packaging than the gifts, but I had forgotten how much I love this stuff!!  I am so happy she sent this back into my life!! 


She also sent Lucy and Scottie something!!  Wasn't that super sweet!!  They loved their homemade treats!  Lucy made a ridiculous mess though : )


This exchange was so much fun!!  I am so happy I was partnered with someone great!  I hope she doesn't feel the opposite.  Julia, Thank you so much for making my first ever package exchange awesome!!  I look forward to doing more in the future!

Have any of you ever participated in an exchange like this?  What was your favorite part?

No comments:

Post a Comment